Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Avocado Oil, Beans, Black Beans, Chili, Chili Powder, Corn, Cumin, Dinner, Garlic, Jalapenos, Kidney Beans, Kosher Salt, Lentils, Lunch, Oil, Onions, Paprika, Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, Red Lentils, Salt, Soups, Stews, Tomato Paste, Tomatoes, Vegan, Vegetarian, Vegetarian Red Lentil Chili, Water, Winter
Whip up a batch of nutritious chili made with simple ingredients. Made with lentils, beans, and jalapeños this delicious chili is perfect for cold nights or a weeks’ worth of lunches.
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Jalapeño (Seeded, Diced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 30 Ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 3/4 Cups Water
- 3/4 Cup Dry Red Lentils (Rinsed, Drained)
- 15 Ounces Kidney Beans (Drained)
- 15 Ounces Black Beans (Drained)
- In large-size pot add oil and turn heat to medium. Add onion, red pepper, kosher salt, and pepper. Sauté 4 minutes. Add jalapeño and garlic. Stir frequently. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomatoes, tomato paste, and water. Bring to a boil. Add lentils and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 15 to 20 minutes until lentils are mostly tender. If you need to add more water go ahead and do so.
- Add kidney beans and black beans. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and add corn. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
- Garnish with jalapeños, cilantro, red onions, or avocados.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved