Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Baked Goods, Baking, Baking Soda, Brown Sugar, Butter, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chips, Cookies, Desserts, Eggs, Flour, Greenwich Free Press, Kosher Salt, Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie, Snacks, Sugar, Sweets, The Lazy Way To Cook, Vanilla, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
If you’re in a hurry, but need to make a delicious treat then make this giant cookie. Talk about baking simplified. All that’s required is one skillet and two steps to create this soft and gooey cookie.
- 7 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large-size bowl combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and kosher salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to 10-inch cast iron skillet and smooth out the top.
- Place in oven and bake 20 minutes until cookie is golden brown and just set in the center.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
- Note: If you want to add nuts then add 1 cup walnuts to batter for added crunch.
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved