Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 180 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes About 28
Tags: Christmas, Christmas Cookies, Christmas Tree Meringues, Cookies, Cream of Tartar, Desserts, Egg Whites, Eggs, Food Coloring, Gracious Vintage, Green Food Coloring, Holiday Treats, Holidays, Kosher Salt, Nonpareils, Powdered Sugar, Salt, Sprinkles, Sugar, Tiny New York Kitchen, Vanilla, Victoria Hart Glavin
Christmas Tree Meringues are eye catching on your holiday cookie tray. These festive treats taste delicious and will get anyone into the Christmas spirit. Feel free to decorate them any way that you desire.
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Regular Or Clear Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- Green Food Coloring
- Assorted Sprinkles
- Star Nonpareils
- Powdered Sugar (Optional)
- Add egg whites to large-size bowl and let stand, at room temperature, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add vanilla, cream of tartar, and kosher salt to egg whites. Beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat on high after each additional until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating about 7 minutes until stiff glossy peaks form. Tint with green food coloring and mix thoroughly.
- Cut small hole in tip of pastry bag. Insert a large #828 open star tip. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe 2-inch diameter tree shapes 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Top with sprinkles and a star nonpareil.
- Place in oven about 3 hours until firm to the touch. Turn off oven and open oven door all the way. Leave meringues in oven until cool.
- Remove meringues from parchment paper and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar (optional). Stir in airtight container at room temperature.
- Makes About 28
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 180 Minutes Total Time: 200 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved