Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Autumn, Baking Powder, Breakfast, Brown Sugar, Brunch, Butter, Christmas, Cinnamon, Cloves, Dairy Free, Dairy Free Milk, Eggs, Flour, Ginger, Gingerbread, Gingerbread Pancakes, Gracious Vintage, Holidays, Kosher Salt, Milk, Molasses, Nutmeg, Oil, Pancakes, Salt, Sugar, Thanksgiving, Tiny New York Kitchen, Victoria Hart Glavin
It’s time to make Gingerbread Pancakes as we head into the holidays. These pancakes are delicious and hearty. If you would like to make them dairy free, then just replace the milk with dairy free milk and the butter with oil.
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Unsulfured Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (Softened)
- 1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
- 4 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In large-size bowl combine milk, molasses, butter, egg, and brown sugar.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and kosher salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and beat until batter becomes smooth.
- Heat large-size skillet with oil on a medium-low heat.
- Once skillet is warm, use a 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup and scoop batter onto pan. Smooth out tops with back of a spoon to spread into an even circle. Cook until top begins to form bubbles in the center. Flip and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- If you notice the batter getting too thick as it sits out, add 1 to 2 tablespoons milk until it thins out a bit, but keep in mind thicker batter yields thicker pancakes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved