Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Basil, Chives, Cider Vinegar, Dijon Mustard, Garlic, Green Bean Salad, Green Beans, Greenwich Free Press, July 4th, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemons, Maple Syrup, Mustard, Olive Oil, Onions, Pepper, Red Onions, Salt, Summer Fun, Tomatoes, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Perk up green beans with this sweet and sassy dressing, which is perfect for a summer side dish.
- 2 Pounds Green Beans (Trimmed)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1/4 Cup Red Onions (Sliced) – Optional
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chives
- 1/2 Teaspoon Basil
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove (Mashed)
- In medium-size pan bring 3 quarts water to rolling boil. Wash green beans and trim ends and any blemishes. Place beans in boiling water for 3 minutes, 5 to 6 minutes for thicker beans. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Arrange green beans on serving plate. Evenly pour dressing over beans. Gently toss to coat. Top with cherry tomatoes and red onions.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved