Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes 1 Serving
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Most of us consider breakfast the most important meal of the day. Instant oatmeal packets are a lifesaver for busy mornings, but consider making your own instant oatmeal jars. Buy oatmeal, dried fruit and nuts in bulk and make your own version of instant oatmeal. You’ll be saving money at the same time. Use cute mason jars to portion out your breakfast.
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Quick Oats
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon Spice
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Fruit (Like Cranberries, Blueberries)
- 1 Tablespoon Nuts (Like Slivered Almonds, Cashews)
- 1 Cup Water Or Low-Fat Milk
- Layer ingredient in following order: Oatmeal, kosher salt, cinnamon, dried fruit, and nuts. Make as many jars as you’d like and store in a dry area. Label with date so you keep track of freshness.
- To prepare: Bring 1 cup water or milk to a boil. Pour into oatmeal jar and stir. Let oatmeal stand 5 minutes to soften. Stir and eat.
- Makes 1 Serving
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Minutes Total Time: 11 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved