Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Traditional teatime is four o’clock, but you may eat these delicious sandwiches anytime.
- 1 Large English Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Fresh Tarragon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 6 Slices Firm White Sandwich Bread
- Cut cucumber into 3 lengths and cut in half lengthwise. Thinly slice lengthwise on a mandoline or by hand. Lay on paper towels.
- In small-size bowl combine butter, tarragon, lemon zest, sea salt, and pepper. Blend well. Spread butter mixture onto each bread slice. Place 4 to 5 cucumber slices on each of 3 bread slices, layering and shingling cucumber slices, butter side down.
- Using a serrated bread knife, trim crusts from sandwiches, creating 3-inch squares (throw away crusts). Cut sandwiches diagonally into quarters, creating 4 triangles.
- Makes 12 tea sandwiches
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved