Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Asian Cooking, Asparagus, Bell Peppers, Club Soda, Cooking Oil, Cornstarch, Egg Yolks, Eggplant, Eggs, Greenwich Free Press, Japanese Cooking, Kosher Salt, Peppers, Rice Flour, Safflower Oil, Salt, Tempura, Vegetable Tempura, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
I love tempura and prefer my tempura super crispy. I’ve found that the secret to mixing up a batter that fries up extra-crispy is club soda. Who knew?!
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Cold Club Soda
- 1 1/4 Cups Rice Flour Or 2 1/4 Cups Cornstarch
- Safflower Oil For Frying
- Assorted Vegetables (Like Asparagus, Bell Peppers, Eggplant)
- In large-size bowl whisk together egg yolk, kosher salt, and cold club soda. Gently fold in rice flour.
- In high sided skillet heat safflower oil to 375 degrees.
- Dip vegetables in batter and fry in batches for 3 to 5 minutes until tender and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved