Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Brrrr, it’s cold out and most definitely a good time to make a hearty soup.
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Cups Diced Potatoes
- 1 Cup Diced Parsnips
- 1 Carrot (Diced)
- 2 Tomatoes (Rough Chopped)
- 1/2 Lemon (Sliced)
- 4 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 Can Beer
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded Green Cabbage
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 8 Ounces Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 3 Tablespoons Long Grain Rice
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Grated Nutmeg
- In large-size saucepan add butter over a medium heat. Add onions and gently fry for 5 minutes until just turning golden around edges. Stir in diced potatoes, parsnips, carrots, tomatoes, and lemon slices. Pour in beef stock and beer. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, kosher salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer 45 minutes.
- Make the meatballs by mixing ground beef, rice, parsley, and nutmeg together in medium-size bowl. Divide into 18 and shape into balls with wet hands. Chill until needed.
- Add meatballs to soup. Bring soup back to a boil and then cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add cabbage and cook 10 minutes until cabbage is tender and meatballs are cooked all the way through.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls. Serve hot.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 75 Minutes Total Time: 105 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved