Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Apricots, Baked Goods, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Brown Sugar, Carrot Cake, Carrot Cake Cupcakes With Honey Cream Cheese Frosting, Carrots, Confectioners' Sugar, Cream Cheese, Cupcakes, Desserts, Easter, Eggs, Flour, Honey, Kosher Salt, Nuts, Olive Oil, Orange Juice, Powdered Sugar, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Salt, Sour Cream, Spices, Sugar, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, Walnuts, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
These pretty cupcakes are the perfect ending to Easter Dinner!
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 3/4 Cups Grated Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Dried Apricots
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line 12 cup baking tin with parchment paper or baking cup liners. Set aside.
- On small-sized rimmed baking sheet spread out walnuts. Place in oven and toast 6 minutes. Remove from oven and lay out on cutting board. Once walnuts are cooled rough chop.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In medium-size bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and kosher salt.
- In large-size bowl whisk together brown sugar, sugar, eggs, olive oil, and orange juice. Add flour mixture to eggs mixture and combine well. Fold in grated carrots, apricots, and walnuts.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter in each muffin cup. Place in oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cupcakes cool in pan for 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make frosting beat cream cheese and sour cream in medium-size bowl. Add powdered sugar and honey. Beat until smooth. Place in refrigerator at least 1 hour before using.
- Spread frosting on cupcakes.
- Makes 12 cupcakes
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 55 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved