Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 8
Tags: Butter, Christmas, Cornstarch, Cranberries, Cranberry Crisp, Cranberry Sauce, Crisps, Desserts, Flour, Holidays, Ice Cream, Kosher Salt, Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, Nutmeg, Oats, Orange Zest, Oranges, Pecans, Rolled Oats, Salt, Sugar, Thanksgiving, Unsalted Butter, Vanilla, Vanilla Ice Cream
I often purchase a large number of cranberries when I’m at my house on Martha’s Vineyard. This year is no exception. I make cranberry sauce, of course, but like to use these Massachusetts cranberries in other ways as well. This crisp is delicious and changes holiday desserts up a bit. A small scoop of vanilla ice cream makes a great accompaniment.
- 1 Pound Cranberries
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Orange (Zested)
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 8 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Cold Unsalted Butter (Cubed)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch pie dish or 8-inch square pan.
- In medium-size bowl combine oats, flour, pecans, kosher salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine cranberries, vanilla, sugar, cornstarch, and orange zest. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Add butter to flour mixture and work in until mixture is crumbly. Add pecans. Scatter over cranberry mixture.
- Place in oven 45 to 50 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved