Yields or Serves:
Tags: Beans, Beef, Bell Pepper, Cheese, Chicken Broth, Chili, Chili Powder, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Cumin, Game Day, Game Day Chili, Garlic, Greenwich Free Press, Ground Beef, Ground Sirloin, Kidney Beans, Kosher Salt, Onions, Pepper, Red Pepper, Salt, Tomatoes, Victoria Hart Glavin, Weekends, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
It’s cold outside and the perfect time to make a batch of Game Day Chili whether you’re watching sports or not. During winter months I like having a pot of chili on the stove for easy and satisfying meals.
- 1 Pound Ground Sirloin
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (Sliced)
- 4 Cups Cooked Kidney Beans
- 2 Cups Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/8 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Ounce Dark Chocolate
- In a large-size skillet, brown ground sirloin over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to bowl. Make sure to leave fat in pan. Sauté onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large-size soup pot, add browned sirloin, onions, garlic, beans, tomatoes, red bell pepper slices, chicken broth, kosher salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, and dark chocolate. Turn heat to low and simmer for 90 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with grated cheese.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen