Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
This is a nice way to enjoy roasted zucchini and is a great low carb alternative to hasselback potatoes. A good weeknight side dish as well as a delicious light lunch.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 3 Ounces Parmesan Cheese (Thinly Shaved)
- 4 Tablespoons Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line large-sized baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In small-size bowl combine olive oil, garlic powder, and minced garlic.
- Slice zucchini cross-wise, like an accordion, but only slice about 2/3 of the way down. Space slices about 1/2 inch apart.
- Place zucchini on prepared baking sheet. Brush with garlic olive oil mixture making certain to include the minced garlic. Spoon on the minced garlic if you are not able to get it on with the brush.
- Place in the oven for about 15 minutes until zucchini is just tender. Remove from oven.
- Stuff a thin shaving of cheese into each of the cuts. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Place back into oven and turn oven to low broil. Cook about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to brown and brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved