Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Baby Spinach, Basil, Bell Peppers, Garlic, Gigante Beans, Gigantes And Wilted Spinach, Grand Central Market, Greenwich Free Press, Italian Cooking, Kosher Salt, Lima Beans, Olive Oil, Onions, Pepper, Prosciutto, Red Bell Pepper, Red Peppers, Salt, Side Dishes, Spinach, Tomatoes, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
I picked up some beautiful gigante beans at the Grand Central Market yesterday and came up with this delicious recipe that incorporated baby spinach that I had on hand. I used baby spinach, but you may use any type of spinach that you prefer.
- 1 Medium Onion (Halved & Thinly Sliced)
- 6 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Gigante Beans Or Large White Lima Beans
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Seeded & Diced)
- 14.5 Ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Basil (Chopped)
- 4 Slices Prosciutto (Chopped)
- 3 Cups Torn Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size skillet cook onions and garlic in olive oil, over a medium-high heat, for 4 minutes until tender. Add red bell pepper and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in beans.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. Stir in tomatoes and basil. Cook for 1 minute. Add reserved tomato liquid and chopped prosciutto. Cook 3 minutes. Add kosher salt and pepper
- Stir in spinach. Cover with lid and cook 1 minute.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serves 4 as side-dish.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved