Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Asparagus, Greenwich Free Press, Grill Pan, Grilled White Asparagus, Grilled White Asparagus With Sweet Onions & Orange Dressing, Grilling Time, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Onions, Orange Juice, Orange Zest, Oranges, Pepper, Salt, Side Dishes, Sweet Onions, Vegan, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, White Asparagus, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Don’t forget to peel the white asparagus or you’ll have a very tough asparagus dish. If you don’t have a grill then cook then in a grill pan over a medium heat.
- 1 Pound White Asparagus (Peeled)
- 1 Sweet Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 2 Teaspoons Orange Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Segments of 1 Orange
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Coat asparagus and onions with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Grill over a medium heat until desired doneness. Remove from heat to serving platter.
- In small-size bowl combine olive oil, orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, kosher salt, and pepper. Drizzle over grilled asparagus. Top with orange segments.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen