Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Make this creamy lemon sauce just before serving. It’s wonderful on top of green vegetables, fish, steak, roast beef, and Eggs Benedict.
- 3 Eggs Yolks
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Firm Cold Butter (Cut Into 8 Pieces)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Whisk egg yolks, water, and lemon juice in small-size saucepan until blended. Cook over a very low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles at the edges.
- Stir in butter, 1 piece at a time, until butter is melted and until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat immediately
- Stir in kosher salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 3/4 Cup
- NOTES: Egg yolks thicken the sauce and hold the butter and lemon juice in an emulsion. If the egg yolks are overcooked, the sauce will curdle. It’s important to use very low heat and to stir constantly. Cold butter, added very gradually, slows the cooking process and helps prevent curdling.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved