Yields or Serves: 8 Makes 1 Loaf
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
In the summer months I like to bake early in the morning. This Strawberry Bread is made with fresh strawberries that is excellent for breakfast, dessert or midday snacks.
- 1/4 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg (Room Temperature)
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat butter and sugar. Add egg and combine well.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture alternating with milk. Add vanilla. Mix until just combined. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Place in oven 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare icing combine powdered sugar, vanilla, cream and milk in small-size bowl.
- Drizzle icing on top of cooled bread.
- Makes 1 loaf
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved