Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 6
Start November off with these turkey meatballs flavored with fresh sage, rosemary, and thyme. Serve with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce if you want to gear up for Thanksgiving
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Celery Stalk (Diced)
- 1 Small Carrot (Diced)
- 1 Small Red Onion (Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Sage
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Thyme
- 3 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 15 Ounces Ground Pork
- 3 1/2 Ounces Diced Croutons
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs
- Canola Oil For Frying
- 3 Quarts Chicken Or Turkey Stock
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size heavy pan melt butter over a medium heat. Add celery, carrot, and red onion. Sauté 15 minutes. Add rosemary, sage, and thyme. Toss to coat. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In large-size bowl combine cooled celery mixture with turkey, pork, croutons, cream, kosher salt, pepper, and eggs. Gently fold mixture until everything is mixed.
- Gently form mixture into 2-inch meatballs. Place on platter as you finish them. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes to firm up.
- In large-size pot pour oil to about 2 inches. Turn heat to medium-high and get oil very hot. Using tongs carefully all meatballs and fry just 2 to 3 minutes. You will need to do this in batches to avoid overcrowding the pot. Transfer meatballs to platter when they are done.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place browned meatballs in large-size ovenproof saucepan and add enough stock to cover them. Cover pan and place in oven 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer meatballs to platter and set aside. Strain liquid through fine-mesh sieve. Set liquid aside and discard solids.
- To make gravy melt butter in saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, 6 minutes until browned. While whisking constantly, slowly pour in braising liquid. Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes, until thickened. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place meatballs in large-size serving bowl and ladle gravy on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 90 Minutes Total Time: 120 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved