Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 6
Tags: Applesauce, Baked Banana Nut Donuts, Baked Donuts, Baking Powder, Banana Nut, Bananas, Breakfast, Cinnamon, Coffee, Cooking Light, Cream Cheese, Donuts, Doughnuts, Eggs, Flour, Frosting, Gracious Vintage, Kosher Salt, Milk, Nonfat Milk, Nutmeg, Nuts, Oil, Powdered Sugar, Salt, Sugar, Tiny New York Kitchen, Unbleached Flour, Vanilla, Victoria Hart Glavin, Wheat Flour
Make good use out of those extra ripe bananas while keeping things on the healthier side by using applesauce instead of oil. Baked, soft, and fluffy donut are a perfect match for a strong cup of morning coffee.
- 2 Medium Ripe Bananas (Mashed)
- 1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Regular Or Low Fat Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Nonfat Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Nuts Of Your Choice (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease donut pan and set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine bananas, egg, applesauce, and vanilla.
- In medium-size bowl combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and kosher salt.
- Gradually stir dry mixture into banana mixture.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup batter into each cup of donut pan.
- Place in oven 12 to 15 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- To make frosting: In shallow bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk.
- When donuts have cooled dip tops into frosting. Set back on wire rack and sprinkle each with nuts.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved