Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 5
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Appetizer, Artichokes, Baked Italian Stuffed Artichokes, Basil, Bread, Bread Crumbs, Cheese, First Course, Garlic, Gracious Vintage, Italian Cooking, Kosher Salt, Lemons, Main Course, Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley, Pepper, Salt, Stuffed Artichokes, Tiny New York Kitchen, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin
I am very fond of artichokes and this stuffed artichoke dish makes for an impressive vegetarian first course, main course or a party appetizer.
- 5 Globe Artichokes
- 2 Lemons (Grated & Juiced)
- 1 Lemon (Juiced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Snip off the base and the top 1 1/4 inches of each artichoke and remove the tough outer layer of leaves.
- Grate the zest and squeeze juice from both lemons. Set zest aside and pour the juice over the artichokes to prevent browning.
- Steam artichokes 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Juice the remaining lemon.
- In medium-size skillet over a medium heat add small amount of olive oil. Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes until garlic begins to turn color. Stir in lemon juice, bread crumbs, parsley, basil, kosher salt, and pepper. Stir in lemon zest and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove inner leaves from center of each artichoke and scoop out the chokes with a teaspoon.
- Stir Parmesan into bread crumb mixture. Stuff bread crumb mixture into cavity of each artichoke. Pack some between leaves as well. Place artichoke close together in prepared baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in oven 15 to 20 minutes until artichokes are tender and bread crumbs are golden.
- Remove from oven and serve hot or warm.
- Serves 5
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved