Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Cold Soups, Cucumbers, Dinner, Garden Gazpacho, Garlic, Gazpacho, Gracious Vintage, Kosher Salt, Olive Oil, Organic, Organic Produce, Parmesan Cheese, Pepper, Peppers, Picnics, Produce, Red Peppers, Salt, Shallots, Sherry Vinegar, Soups, Summer, Tiny New York Kitchen, Tomatoes, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar
This vibrant gazpacho showcases organic summer produce by using ripe, seasonal heritage tomatoes. Garden Gazpacho is wonderful enjoyed outside as part of a picnic or to begin an alfresco dinner party. I like to use a mixture of red, yellow and orange tomatoes of different shapes and sizes to capture as many flavors as possible.
- 8 To 12 Mixed Ripe Vine Tomatoes (Roughly Chopped)
- 2 Red Peppers (Chopped)
- 1 Cucumber (Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Peeled)
- 2 Shallots (Chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Garnish With Grated Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- Add tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, shallots, garlic, and olive oil to food processor or blender. Pulse until very smooth. If you are using a blender you may want to do this in batches.
- Transfer soup into large bowl through a sieve or colander, using a spoon to encourage liquid to drain through but leaving any remaining pith, pips, and skin behind.
- Add sherry vinegar, kosher salt, and pepper. Return soup to food processor or blender. Pulse until velvety smooth consistency.
- To serve, pour into bowls. Drizzle with a bit of olive and parmesan cheese if you are so inclined.
- This soup is best served on the day it is made, when the flavors will be vibrant and fresh. If you are making this ahead of time, make sure to chill until ready to serve.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved