Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Sticky and saucy chicken thighs are a delicious weekend meal. You can also use chicken breasts, but just cook them a bit longer, about 6 minutes per side.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 Skinless & Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Shallots
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Oregano
- In large-size skillet add olive oil and turn heat to a medium-high. Swirl oil to coat pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with kosher salt and pepper. Add chicken to heated skillet and cook 5 minutes per side until browned. Transfer to plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallots to skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water, lemon juice, and honey to pan. Bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Return chicken to pan and cook 5 minutes aside, over a medium-high heat, making sure to coat both sides in sauce.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with fresh oregano and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 23 Minutes Total Time: 43 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved