Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 11 Average: 3.7/5]
This is the perfect soup for a winter meal. I like to make it on the weekend and either have it for lunch or a quick dinner before heading out to a movie.
- 2 (15 1/2 Ounces Each) Cans White Beans (Drained)
- 12 1/2 Ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 2 1/2 Cups Rotini Pasta (Uncooked)
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Cooked Ham (Diced)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Onions (Chopped)
- 2 Carrots (Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size stockpot, sauté onions and carrots in olive oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes until tender. Add garlic, basil, oregano, and ham. Cook 2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes. Crush tomatoes a bit until they have a thick consistency.
- Add chicken stock and white beans. Bring to boil. Stir in pasta. Boil until pasta is done. Stir occasionally.
- Turn heat to low. Add kosher salt and pepper. Give a good stir.
- Turn off heat and cover with lid. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen