Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Bell Peppers, Cheddar Cheese, Cheese, Chicken, Chicken Breasts, Chicken Enchiladas, Chicken Stock, Chipotle Peppers, Comfort Food, Cumin, Enchiladas, Flour Tortillas, Game Day, Garlic, Greenwich Free Press, Kosher Salt, Lettuce, Mexican Cooking, Mexican Food, Olive Oil, Onions, Pepper, Poultry, Red Onions, Red Peppers, Roasted Chicken Enchiladas, Salt, Super Bowl, Tomato Puree, Tortillas, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
These enchiladas are a game day favorite in my house. Make them ahead and pop them in the oven when your guests arrive.
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts (8 Ounces Each)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Peeled & Minced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Seeded & Diced)
- 1 Large Chipotle Pepper (From A Can –Chopped)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 29 Ounces Tomato Purée
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 10 Flour Tortillas (6 Inches Each)
- Shredded Lettuce For Garnish (Optional)
- Sliced Red Onions For Garnish (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts on parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook 25 minutes until just cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool. When cooled shred chicken and place in large-size bowl. Set aside.
- While chicken is cooking it’s time to make the enchilada sauce. In medium-size saucepan, heat olive oil over a medium heat until shimmering. Add onions, garlic, red bell peppers, and chipotle peppers. Sauté 5 minutes until softened.
- Add cumin and sauté 1 more minute. Add tomato puree and chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and puree in blender or food processor. Let cool.
- To assemble toss shredded chicken with 3/4 cup of cooled sauce and 2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Place 1/2 cup filling in each tortilla and roll up. Repeat until all tortillas have been filled. Arrange filled tortillas in two 7x11 inch baking pans. Ladle 1/2 cup sauce over each tortilla. Sprinkle with 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese making sure to distribute evenly over enchiladas. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Garnish with shredded lettuce and red onion slices (optional).
- Make 10 Enchiladas.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen