Yields or Serves: 4
I love picnics and simplicity is the key ingredient for a pleasant picnic. With farm markets opening, stock up on fresh fruits, berries, and vegetables for the picnic basket. Healthy seasonal vegetables can be lightly grilled for summer picnics. Whether you’re going to the beach, a park, or your own patio, dining outdoors is a nice way to enjoy life.
- 2 Medium Eggplant
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Medium Summer Squash
- 1 Pound Thick Asparagus Spears
- 4 Colored Sweet Peppers
- 2 Large Onions
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 1 Bunch Dill
- 1 Bunch Basil
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Wash and finely chop parsley, dill, basil, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Wash and trim all vegetables. Cut eggplant, squashes, peppers, and onions into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Snap ends off asparagus. Place vegetables in large-size bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until shiny and well coated. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Prepare a medium hot fire in a grill. Be sure the grill rack is clean and well oiled. Grill vegetables 3 to 4 minutes per side or until just beginning to soften. Remove from grill when cooked to desired tenderness and place in a container. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with chopped herbs.
- Serve with crusty bread and fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Vegetables can also be roasted in a 375-degree oven until softened and browned on the edges. Test with fork for tenderness.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved