Yields or Serves: Makes 12 Muffins
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
I had extra ricotta on hand that needed to get used so decided to add it to my usual blueberry muffin recipe. The result is a super moist blueberry muffin.
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Extra Sugar For Sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine eggs, ricotta, buttermilk, butter, and lemon zest. Add all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Batter will appear lumpy. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Fill each almost full. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Place in oven 20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes on wire rack before removing.
- Makes 12 muffins
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved